The CSR needs to learn how to handle the volume of calls swiftly, efficiently, and professionally while using more progressive selling approaches that are customer-service-oriented. Just as important, CSRs need to learn how to handle and facilitate “bad-willed” customers while keeping a positive attitude throughout the day.
The 12 Steps do not imply that you use all of the Steps, it greatly depends on your job function and each call you will receive. Therefore, you need to determine which steps to use and at what point in the presentation the steps would be best utilized. The idea of the “Step” method is to guide CSRs through the process and assist them in handling all calls in every situation.
You will learn to:
- Restate what the customer said for clarification and use it as a bridge leading you to either facilitate the call or resolve.
- Depending on the type of call, Resolve, Sell and Take the Order effectively and proficiently.
- Get agreement that generates a positive outcome between you and your customer.
- Finalize the outcome of a call that is win-win.
- Pass calls to other departments or managers that keeps the customer’s objective in mind. Avoid the pitfalls of misdirecting calls and poor communication when passing calls.
- Role-play that will help you put into practice what you have learned. Tips are provided to prepare yourself in handling all your customers with care and confidence.